Lets Play Some Disc Golf
It’s no secret to anyone who’s played disc golf that the sport is accessible, addictive, and ascendant. Indeed, it’s widely hailed as one of the world’s fastest-growing sports.
THE BASIC RULES
Basic Rules of Play for Disc Golf
The object of disc golf is to have fun and complete the course in the fewest throws. Safety and courtesy are important. Be careful of plants, animals and other visitors. Throw only when the landing area is clear of people including other players.
- Start from the teeing area. The player must throw from behind the front of the teeing area.
- Subsequent shots are played from behind the spot where the previous shot came to rest. This spot is known as the "lie". If your disc comes to rest in a tree or a bush, the lie is the spot on the ground directly below.
- A run-up and follow through are allowed, but the player must release the disc before stepping past the lie.
- A putt is a throw from within 10 meters (32.8 ft) of the target. When putting, you may not step past your lie until the disc comes to rest.
- The hole is completed when the disc comes to rest in the basket or chains. The hole is not completed if the disc is resting on the top of the target.
- If a shot goes out-of-bounds: play from either the last in-bounds location with a 1-stroke penalty or retire with a 1-stroke penalty.
Score Keeping App - https://udisc.com/
Australian Disc Golf Course Listings - https://flyspot.com.au/
Professional Disc Golf Association - https://www.pdga.com/
PERTH SOCIAL CLUBS: